Welcome to Fleurieu Coast Caravans!
Formerly known as the South Australian service centre of Coastal Caravan Service and Repairs, we are a family owned and family run business, established in Queensland in 2010. We are located centrally on the gorgeous Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia, between the seaside towns of Normanville and Victor Harbor [or 70kms south of the big smoke of Adelaide].
At Fleurieu Coast Caravans we aim to provide:
- Solutions to your RV problems that are no nonsense, practical and easy to understand
- Service that is friendly, respectful yet touched with a hint of cheeky good humour
- A workshop that is easily accessible without the need for traffic control, driving lessons or a 2 page essay on how to find it
FLEURIEU COAST FARMSTAY
Yes! There's more. We are proud to announce an extension to our service centre with the opening of our farmstay at Yankalilla. This for those of you who have your own toilet and shower on board and don't need all the household appliances to be plugged in, to still have a good time. Water is available however, by arrangement.
Essentially though we are all about providing:
- A secure place to camp and leave your caravan while you explore the region for up to 14 days at a time. The rate is set at $10 per night per vehicle.
- A place to stay that is in walking distance to the township of Yankalilla with Foodland, bakery, banks, post office and lots of other shops. The dump point, laundromat and car wash are also less than a kilometre away.
- A farm setting where we run sheep and goats and have cattle agisted next door with horses running free in the background. We shear twice a year in April and October so if you've ever wondered what it's like to shear a sheep we'd be happy to give you a go at a couple of long blows. The Bungala river runs through the property which is lined with gum trees and has an abundance of bird life which changes with the seasons.
- Short term storage for those travelling to Kangaroo Island with many of the city slickers making our farmstay the first stop on the way to or from the ferry.
As the camping area has a limited number of sites and may close during wet periods we ask that you contact us (0431 328 656) prior to arrival to ensure we can provide you with the best service.
We specialise in helping people get acquainted with their new van and are happy to provide the time to help you get setup, run through using the appliances on gas or generator and even help you set up awnings and annexes. Now that'll save your marriage!
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure so we advocate regular servicing of your Caravan, Poptop, Camper, Horsefloat, Boat Trailer, or any other trailer for that matter. At least get the basics like brakes and bearings checked every year, or 10,000kms. We also recommend flushing your HWS annually, particularly if it is a Suburban, Attwood or Swift unit with a sacrificial anode in it.
We have worked hard over a long period of time to build some close relationships with the caravan manufacturers so that we can provide a responsive warranty service. So whether you are the proud owner of a new Lotus, Universal, Option RV, LaVista, Legend, On The Move, Atlantic, Franklin, Newlands or Concept we come recommended by the factory. Of course there are lots of other brands and we work on them all, so give us a shout so we can work it out.
While we're talking warranty, we also do repairs for Dometic/Air Command, Thetford, Swift, Aussie Traveller, Camec and Coast RV, so if you're having hassles with a HWS, fridge, awning, stove or other appliance, there's a good chance we'll have what you need to get you going again, but if not we can usually obtain what we need within a few days.
Some things are just rotten luck, other times its the wrong place at the wrong time or you've just suffered a momentary lapse of concentration. Whatever the background it often ends in a dent, scratch, scrape, some missing bits, some broken bits or when the weather turns nasty a LOT of dents where there were no dents, water where there never used to be water, or an awning that's not quite the same as it was. We've seen most things and are on the repairers list for CIL, Suncorp, APIA, AAMI, Ken Tame, Wesfarmers, SGIC, RAA, RACV, NRMA, RACQ, RAC, YOUI and are being asked by other insurers on a regular basis to look after their customers. So if your insurance company is not included in this list, let us know and we'll be happy to make a call and see how we can help.
We can be contacted by phone or e-mail.
Phone: 0431 328 656
4 Main Street